What is Smores?
Smores is a Windows desktop application I created to improve my experience with Campfire, a group based chat software from the folks at 37Signals. I welcome everyone to participate in its growth by offering feature suggestions, reporting bugs and telling everyone you know that uses Campfire on a Windows box!
Feel free to try out Smores for 30 days before you purchase a license!
After making a payment, you will receive your license key via email.
Different payment options are available depending upon your intended usage.
- Uses campfire's streaming api for real time messaging
- Messages can be arranged by most recent on top or bottom
- Monitor multiple rooms at the same time
- Supports multiple campsites! Have more than one campfire account? Smores will allow you to put them all in one window!
- 3 message notification types: popup (toast message), flashing icon in taskbar, and/or sound)
- Supports Growl for Windows and Snarl notification frameworks.
- Highlight new messages as a visual cue (animates the color of the message background for few seconds)
- Hide enter/leave/kick messages
- Parse all urls and provides a hyperlink that will open the url in your default browser
- Animated .gif support
- Detects Youtube and Vimeo urls in message text and allows you to watch the video from within the app!
- Option to show/hide a user's avatar image with their message
- Upload files from within the app - drag and drop files into the room or click on the upload link to choose a file
- Upload an image from the clipboard (Ctrl+Alt+V)
- Displays image uploads in line with other messages
- Preview Upload images and text files by hovering over link in Uploads section
- Multi-line post support (Ctrl+Enter or Shift+Enter for a newline)
- Look up a transcript from a specific date (Ctrl+T to toggle transcript mode)
- Search account transcripts (Ctrl+S to toggle search)
- Supports campfire's star/highlight message feature
- Search currently displayed messages (Ctrl+F)
- Double-click on search result navigates you to that message’s transcript
- Use gravatar image if Campfire's default image is used
- Create a new email by clicking on a user in the Users popup
- 9 themes to choose from
- Dock main window to the left or right side of any of your monitors, also has an auto-hide feature when docking (Ctrl+Shift+L[eft]/R[ight]/N[one])
- Copy all displayed messages to clipboard
- See user status - see if other users are idle/away/active (user must be using Smores to report status)
- Text to speach option for reading new messages
- Supports all emoji icons and campfire sounds (see http://www.emoji-cheat-sheet.com/)
* This app has been tested on Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8.